Card image

Heat of Compression Dryers

Faster, Leaner, Smarter, Safer Industry

Air Compressor,Air Compressors,Shop Compressor,Atlas Copco Air Compressor,Gardner Denver Air Compressor,Ingersoll-Rand Air Compressor,
pharmaceutical plant air compressors,nirvana,compressor for pharmaceutical plants,pharmaceutical compressor,air compressor for pharma use,
Atlas Copco,Uni,Keltec,Edmac,compressed air filter,filter element,filtration,oil removal filter,coalescer,particulate,activated carbon,
Airnet,Atlas Copco Airnet,Parker Transair,Transair,Legris,Transair Legris,aluminum piping,compressed air piping system,compressed air,compressor piping,metal piping,
Sullair,Air Metrix,Parker Finite,Keltec,flow control,flow controller,demand controller,air receiver,receiver tank,Pressure Relief Valve,Pressure Gauge,air tank,air storage tank, filter element,coalescing filter,particulate filter,compressed air filter,
PM Plan,compressor pm,preventative maintenance,planned maintenance,pmp,compressor service,compressor repairs,annual compressor service,quarterly compressor service,compressor oil change,
Atlas Copco,Sullair,Air/Oil Separator,Blow Down Valve,Oil Filter,replacement compressor filter elements,coalescing,particulate,oil filters,air intake filters,lubricant
dryer rentals,air dryer rental,air compressor rental, compressor rental,emergency rental,equipment rentals,
Oil-Flooded Compressors,Oil-Free Compressors,Vacuums,Air Dryers,In-Line Filters,Low-Pressure Compressors,Blowers,N2 Generators,Nitrogen Generators,Engineered Piping,Airnet,smartlink,
rental compressors,rental dryers,air audits,leak audits,energy incentives,compressor service,dryer service,air compressor service,air dryer service,utility compressed air,

Rotary Drum Dryers

Heat of Compression DryerSingle vessels design heat of compression dryers are called rotary drum dryers. They are for use with oil-free, or oil-less, compressors only. By design, drum dryers consume almost no additional energy, leading to exceptionally low life-long operating costs.

The desiccant is held in a drum which rotates at an extremely low speed – completing only a few revolutions per hour. This way, while about 75% of the drum is actively drying the compressed air, already cooled by the compressor's air aftercooler, and now flowing through the drum, the remaining 25% is being dried out, or regenerated, using very hot air taken directly from the compressor discharge.

Regen Dryer

Regeneration sufficient to achieve very low dew-points is accomplished at no additional cost by harnessing the hot air which is a natural byproduct of the compression process. Unlike conventional desiccant dryers, the rotary drum style dryer is comprised of only the rotating drum and electrical motor. There is no switching valve manifold, or additional moving components. As a result, life-time maintenance costs are very low.

Additionally, the compressed air does not need to be filtered before the dryer, and there is no need for traditional outlet particulate filtration because the drum and active material are bounded.

The rotary drum dryer design generates a comparatively very low pressure drop, using only a small amount of energy as the air travels through the dryer. Additionally, there is no need for a separate cooling cycle.

HTE Compressed Air Solutions supplies high efficiency compressed air equipment to manufacturers in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois.
 
For more information please contact Customer Service at 800.444.4831 or by email at webinfo@htetechnologies.com